Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas Crop....

Last Saturday was the last crop of the year at Papermaze.
 It's always packed with Christmas extras including a challenge kit, stash bingo and this year - 2 make and takes.

 I thought I'd be brave and have a go at the Altered art note pad as demonstrated by Carol. 
So, with kraft cardstock, paint, ink, stamps and chipboard butterflies we all set to work. I have to admit it was lovely to try something new and I was pleased with the result!


The Christmas crop kit had suitably Christmassy papers from Crate Paper and a lovely mix of embellishments. I added a few little extra bits of red and black.
I usually take some sketches with me on crop day and this one caught my eye on This Blog, designed by Sue aka MiniOwner on UKS.


and here's the layout - rotated and converted to 8.5 x 11 format.


When the girls were small we always had a family photo taken so we could put a photo in with the Christmas cards...this one was taken in November 2000 !

I'm hoping to get a group photo this year.....ready for me to scrap in a few years time!

Thanks for stopping by
Wishing you all a very jolly Christmas and a happy New Year,
Karen x



5 comments:

  1. Oh the note book is lovely, I like the image on the front and the colours you've used.

    The family photo is gorgeous, I've seen a couple of these recently and people commenting on how long ago these things seem now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful notebook cover Karen and well done for having a go at altered art! Still not something I have ventured into as I am not a confident stamper. Great Christmas page and don't you all look so young. Lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely creations Karen, can't wait to do my kit that Lynn got for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! Thanks so much for joining on my challenge - I love what you've done with the sketch.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your notebook and your layout Karen. It was fun making the notebooks and seeing how different they all turned out. I really love the colours and stamp combination you chose. x Merry Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete