Monday 18 April 2011

A Layout...at last!

A sketch at Sarah's cards was just what I needed to kick start my scrapping after a little dry spell!

It was a circular sketch but I managed to convert it to my favourite A4 size.



I have a friend who loves orange but I don't think I have ever scrapped a page with orange before! But I have to admit I enjoyed putting this page together and have stuck very closely to the sketch.

The patterned papers are Alphabet soup from MME and the letters are American craft Thickers and MM Tiny alpha stickers.
The frame is created from punched circles and the lace is hemming tape that my sister sent from America. 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter !

Karen x

11 comments:

  1. gorgeous page, love the photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous18/4/11 10:48

    Great layout. I'm the same, don't normally go for orange but I really like how you've put it all together in this layout. It really works with the photo too.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog too, I totally agree that it's amazing how different all the layouts from the same sketch turn out!
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fabulous page - and I think it fits all the elements of this week's challenge at UKS. ;O)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely LO, great photo and the colours work really well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful layout! Really like that lace and how it all works so well together. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Karen! Love everything about it and that photo is just fab,
    Thanks for taking part in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab layout, love how you converted the sketch too.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love how you have made this fit A4 and what a fabulous photograph.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow orange look fab!!!
    love the pic and the way the circle goes off the page x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous - was the dry spell lack of time, or inspiration? How does one get the scrap-booking mojo back if your muse decides to take a vacation?

    ReplyDelete